Xavier is one of 87 Teaching School Hubs, created by the Department for Education, to support schools with the development of their teachers.
Our aim is to enable all young people in our schools access to the highest quality teaching. Through collaborative partnership, we work with school cross regionally, primarily in Surrey, Sussex and Northamptonshire. Our philosophy is underpinned by a desire to provide lifelong teacher development for colleagues across the schools we work with, with a vision that high quality teacher support and education ensures a fulfilling and sustainable career.
We are privileged to work with a wide range of established and experienced partners who bring expertise and passion for teacher development to our provision.
Our collaborative partners include:
- Bosco Catholic Education Trust- leads an alliance of Sussex based schools working with us to deliver Initial Teacher Training (ITT) and the Early Career Framework (ECF) programme as a regional hub.
- London South Teaching School Hub (SESL6)- working with us as a strategic delivery partner, based in Southwark, providing continuous improvement through joint working with their Research School.
- Schools Alliance for Excellence (SAfE)- SAfE is a not-for-profit school improvement company, working across Surrey, that builds upon a strong legacy of partnership working between schools to bring coherence to the education system and working in partnership to ensure that all schools have access to the support that they need.
- Surrey Teaching School Network (STSN)- working in partnership to deliver the new specialist National Professional Qualifications (NPQs) and reformed suite of leadership NPQs. The partnership brings together the best local knowledge and expertise to deliver the Teach First NPQ programme.
- Teach SouthEast - our Xavier initial teacher training provider for primary and secondary, working with schools in and around Surrey.
- Teach First- is a national charity offering innovative ITT courses, NPQ and other school improvement courses. Teach First has 18 years’ experience of designing and delivering high-quality training to schools that need it most. Our chosen Lead Provider for both the ECF and NPQ.
- University of Sussex- our chosen university partner with an established commitment to high quality, evidence based teacher education responsible for the delivery and accreditation of the Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) and Masters (MA) level programmes.