Appropriate Body Service for ECTs
Xavier Appropriate Body, supporting the assessment of ECTs
Statutory induction combines a structured programme of development and support underpinned by The Early Career Framework with monitoring and an assessment of performance against the Teacher’s Standards. All qualified teachers who are employed by a relevant school in England must by law complete an induction period satisfactorily and be registered with an appropriate body.
Why choose the Xavier Appropriate Body service?
- The Xavier Teaching School Appropriate Body service provides schools with a paperless, user-friendly assessment system to support induction tutors and enable ECTs time to focus on the development of their classroom practice.
- Our team have extensive experience with supporting Early Career Teachers and currently support over 450 ECTs in primary, secondary, independent and special education needs settings.
- The Xavier Appropriate Body will work to support schools to ensure ECTs make progress against the Teachers' Standards, and offer a comprehensive programme of support which includes visits from the central team and bespoke support to suit your school's needs.
- Through moderation and quality assurance, we will work collaboratively with schools to ensure that ECTs are fairly and consistently assessed.
- During the first year of induction, we provide an enhanced offer for all ECTs that are registered with our Appropriate Body. ECTs will have access to our CPD offer and keynote conferences.
- Through our experience of working with new teachers for many years, we know the importance of offering bespoke provision, in non-statutory areas, to further support individual needs and career aspirations.
- The fee for the Appropriate Body is £195 per ECT (p.a.).
- Our team are proud to offer bespoke face-to-face support in school wherever possible. Schools may require assistance with ECTs on support plans or quality assurance visits during a cause for concern process. Generally, we find two visits provides ample support where necessary. In exceptional circumstances, where supportive visits are likely to be required, extra visits can be arranged at an additional cost of £175 per half day or £350 a day.
If you have any questions on our Appropriate Body service, please contact Sophie Hunter on firstname.lastname@example.org
Register on ECT Manager for our Appropriate Body service
ECT Manager is an online system that makes it easy for schools to manage every part of the ECT induction process in one place.
If you are new to working with Xavier as an Appropriate Body service, please click here to register your school.
If you are already registered with Xavier as an Appropriate Body service, please click here to register your ECTs.