Register your ECT
Register your ECT with the Xavier Teaching School Hub using the following link
In order to register for the Xavier Early Career Framework with Teach First, please complete the following steps. Please note, registration should be completed by the Induction Tutor or main school contact and not participants.
If you have an ECT joining your school in their second year of the ECT programme from either another school and/or ECF provider please complete the form in Step 2:
If require any assistance in registering your ECT please contact Katherine Powlson Tel: 01932 578 687 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 1: Gather all the information needed.
Gather the information you will require to register with both Xavier, the DfE and the Appropriate Body (if applicable):
- Names, email addresses and TRN of your Early Career Teachers, Mentors and Induction Lead. If the ECT has not received their TRN following completion of QTS, you can return at a later date to complete this element.
- Your school’s URN (Unique Reference Number)
Step 2: Complete the Xavier Teaching School Hub form.
New to the programme? Complete the Year 1 Xavier registration form:
Moving schools? If your ECT is joining your school in their second year of the ECT programme from either another school and/or ECF provider please complete the form below. Or if you currently working with another provider and want to register with us.
Step 3: Register with the DfE.
Register on the DfE portal at ‘Managing training for early career teachers’ portal.
This must be completed in order for funding to be allocated for your ECTs and mentors.
- If registering for the first time you will be required to create an account using the Induction Lead name and your chosen lead provider name - Teach First. You will then receive an email from DfE inviting you to register your ECTs.
- Register the name of your ECT(s) before induction commences.
- NB: If you cannot find the original email invitation then you can visit the following website to regenerate the email: Manage training for early career teachers (education.gov.uk).
- Moving schools? Once you log in to the DfE you will be guided as how to add an ECT who is transferring from another school.
Click here for DfE guidance for schools: how to manage ECF-based training
Click here for a step-by-step guide to DfE portal registration.
Step 4: Register with Xavier as your Appropriate Body.
Register with Xavier as your chosen Appropriate Body.
If you are new to working with Xavier as an Appropriate Body service, please click here to register your school.
If you are already registered with Xavier as an Appropriate Body service, please click here to register your ECTs.
Please ensure start dates for ECTs are the first day of term unless your ECT is joining mid-term. For example ECTs starting in September the start date will be 5th September 2022.
For support with this process follow this link https://docs.ectmanager.com/head-teacher/register-an-ect/ for a step-by-step guide or contact technical support on 0845 468 6810 You will be asked for an AB Reference please quote: AB Reference: Xavier Teaching School Hub (formerly Salesian TSA)