What is the Early Career Framework?
A two-year entitlement to high-quality training and in-school mentor support.
All Early Career Teachers (ECTs) now benefit from two years of statutory DfE fully-funded support and development based on the Early Career Framework (ECF). Xavier Teaching School Hub are delighted to be working in partnership with Teach First to deliver the fully-funded ECF Induction Programme.
As one of six national Lead Providers, Teach First is responsible for agreeing the training materials with the DfE and providing the materials to the Xavier ECF facilitators. The Xavier ECF team are responsible for the delivery of the ECF programme using the expertise within our local schools.
Our Early Career Framework provision
- Local strategic lead and delivery partner schools working with groups of 20-25 ECTs and their Mentors to guide them through the programme
- Online and face-to-face training modules
- Mentor programme to support and develop colleagues
- World-class online learning platform delivered by Teach First
- Subject-specific focus in Year 2 for secondary/sixth form ECTs
- Weekly bulletin to support access to the programme
DfE Early Career Framework